The Fine Print. AKA The Rules.
Please read the rules carefully. A missed detail could mean a missed opportunity.
SHURE GET THE GIG 2013 ARTIST RELATIONS INTERN COMPETITION OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1) DESCRIPTION OF COMPETITION: The Shure Get The Gig 2013 Artist Relations Intern Competition (the “Competition”) provides eligible Students or Recent Graduates to enter for a chance to become a Shure Artist Relations Summer Intern. There are four phases to the Competition: (1) an initial Entry Period, (2) a Top Twenty selection, (3) a Top Three selection, (4) a Final Intern selection. Each phase is described in these Official Rules and important dates are shown below.
Phase 1: Announce Competition & Open Entry: 12/3/12 – 1/31/13
Phase 2: Review & Select Top 20 For Video & Mini Essay: 2/1/13 – 2/18/13
Phase 3: Notify Top 20: 2/19/2013
Phase 4: Top 20 Entrants prepare Video & Mini Essay: 2/19/13 – 2/28/13
Phase 5: Top 20 Videos Posted: 3/1/13
Phase 6: Review & Select Top 3 for In-Person Interviews: 3/1/13- 3/15/13
Phase 7: Top 3 Notified and In-Person Interviews scheduled: 3/16/13
Phase 8: Shure AR Intern Selected: 4/8/13
Phase 9: Intern Period: Approximately 5/15/13 – 8/15/13
2) ELIGIBILITY: Entry in the Competition is only open to Students or Recent Graduates (defined below) at least 18 years of age at time of entry who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) (the “Competition Territory”) and who are eligible in accordance with the other conditions in these Official Rules. For purposes of the Official Rules, a “Student” is an individual currently enrolled at a college, university or institution of higher learning and is a legal resident of the Competition Territory. A “Recent Graduate” is an individual that has graduated within six months of the initial entry period. LIMIT ONE ENTRY IN THE COMPETITION PER ENTRANT.
Employees, officers or directors of Shure Incorporated (“Sponsor”), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies or anyone involved in the Competition development or execution, and the immediate family members or household members of such persons are not eligible to enter this Competition.
3) INITIAL ENTRY PERIOD: HOW TO ENTER; IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING SUBMISSIONS. The entry period starts DECEMBER 3, 2012 at 12:00 p.m. Central Time and ends JANUARY 31, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. Central Time (the “Entry Period”). During the Entry Period, entrants should register by submitting a resume and completing the official online questionnaire available at the Shure Get The Gig Competition Website at www.shure.com/getthegig (the “Competition Website”). A confirmation email will be sent when registration is complete.
If any Entrant in the sole discretion of Sponsor is suspected of submitting more than one entry by any means, including but not limited to establishing multiple e-mail accounts, such Entrant may be disqualified from participation in this Competition. It is the sole responsibility of the Entrant to notify the Sponsor in writing if there is a change in his or her e-mail or postal address during the Competition.
4) TOP 20 SELECTION: Starts FEBRUARY 1, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. Central Time and ends FEBRUARY 18, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. Central Time (the “Top 20 Selection”). Entrants will be selected for this round based on skill level and experience relevant to the internship. The Top 20 Entrants will be contacted by Sponsor on or about the week of FEBRUARY 19, 2013 and will be obligated to submit a three-minute video and written essay on “why they should be the next Shure AR Intern.” Materials must be submitted by FEBRUARY 28, 2013. In the event that an Entrant selected for the Top 20 is unable or unwilling to participate or is disqualified from the competition, Sponsor will select a similar candidate as a replacement.
5) TOP 3 SELECTION: From MARCH 1, 2013 through MARCH 15, 2013, Sponsor will post video essays on the Competition Website, showcasing potential candidates for the internship. On or about the week of ¬MARCH 16, 2013, the Top 3 Entrants will be contacted by Sponsor and provided an opportunity to participate in the Final Intern Selection process. In the event that an Entrant is disqualified or unable or unwilling to participate in the Final Intern Selection process, Sponsor will provide the opportunity to an alternate candidate.
6) FINAL INTERN SELECTION: Subject to compliance with the Official Rules, The Entrant with the most relevant skill set and experience in the Competition and will become the 2013 Shure Artist Relations Summer Intern. On or about the week of APRIL 8, 2013, the selected entrant will be contacted by Sponsor and provided an opportunity to participate as Shure’s 2013 Artist Relations Summer Intern. Sponsor reserves the right to request from any Entrant additional documentation it reasonably believes is necessary to validate any Submission or to award any prize. The approximate dates for the internship are from MAY 15, 2013 thru AUGUST 15, 2013.
Shure Incorporated (“Shure”) shall administer the Artist Relations Intern Competition, and all decisions relevant thereto shall be in the sole discretion of Shure and its Artist Relations Department, and shall be final. Shure shall evaluate all submissions during the Competition so as to identify individuals who qualify for the Artist Relations Intern position in an attempt to identify the most qualified candidate. However, Shure shall have no obligation to extend an offer of employment to anyone. At the conclusion of the Artist Relations Intern Competition, one Tentative Winner will be selected from the qualifying entries (Shure, in its sole discretion, shall determine whether one or more qualified entries for the Artist Relations Intern position have been received). The selected Tentative Winner may be extended an offer of employment by Shure, which will be contingent upon such person’s completion of necessary and required employment forms, as well as acceptable results from our pre-employment drug test and background investigation, which includes, but is not limited to, references, verification of prior employment, verification of training and education including degrees and technical certifications.
Such employment by Shure will be “at will” and as such may be terminated by either party at any time. Provided that such Tentative Winner satisfies all conditions of employment at Shure, and accepts such offer of employment, he or she will be declared the Winner of the Artist Relations Intern Competition. If the Tentative Winner fails to satisfy any condition of employment at Shure, or fails to accept (or rejects) such offer of employment, Shure, in its sole discretion, may (but shall have no obligation to) select an alternate Tentative Winner, and this process may be repeated until such time as a qualified candidate for the Artist Relations Intern position is ascertained, is offered and accepts employment with Shure, and meets all of employment conditions and qualifications, at which time such person shall be declared the Winner of the Artist Relations Intern Competition. Like all Shure employees and Interns, the Winner of the Artist Relations Intern Competition must comply with all Shure employment policies and procedures.
7) SPONSOR INFORMATION AND DISCLAIMERS: Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any lost, late, misdirected, illegible or incomplete entries, or for any computer, software, online, telephonic, data entry or technological malfunctions regardless of cause, or any injury or damage to the participant’s or to any other person’s computer which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Competition or upload or download any materials to or from the Competition.. If for any reason the Competition is not capable of being conducted as contemplated in the Official Rules, including, without limitation, if due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition or technical failures which compromise the administration or integrity of the Competition, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to terminate or modify the Competition. All materials submitted in the Competition may be retained by Sponsor. Sponsor and Judges reserve the right to disqualify any Entrant who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry procedure or the Competition Website or violates these Official Rules. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
8) GENERAL: This Competition is subject to the laws of the State of Illinois (without regard to choice of law rules) and of the United States. No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of any prize is permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component with cash or another prize of comparable or greater value. All federal, state, and other tax liabilities arising from this Competition are the sole responsibility of the applicable winners. The prizes are not redeemable for cash. No more than the listed number of prizes will be awarded.
9) RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: BY PARTICIPATING IN THE COMPETITION, ENTRANTS AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, ITS AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND THOSE INVOLVED IN THE PLANNING AND EXECUTION OF THE COMPETITION AND ITS AND THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS, AND THE JUDGES (THE “PROMOTION PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN ANY PART OF THE COMPETITION, (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PREPARING FOR, PARTICIPATING IN OR TRAVELING TO AND/OR FROM ANY COMPETITION RELATED ACTIVITY) OR RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH. EACH PARTICIPANT FURTHER AGREES THAT IN ANY CAUSE OF ACTION, THE PROMOTION PARTIES’ LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE COST OF PARTICIPATING IN THE COMPETITION, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL THE PROMOTION PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ATTORNEYS’ FEES, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT OR INDIRECT DAMAGES AND EACH PARTICIPANT WAIVES THE RIGHT TO CLAIM ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER. THE RESPECTIVE WINNERS OF ANY PRIZE SHALL BEAR ALL RISK OF LOSS OR DAMAGE TO THE PRIZE AFTER IT HAS BEEN DELIVERED OR MADE AVAILABLE. THE SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE APPEARANCE, SAFETY, OR PERFORMANCE OF ANY PRIZE.
10) DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Competition or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois or the appropriate State Court of the State of Illinois located in Chicago, Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Competition, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrants hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Competition, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
11) CONDUCT: By entering into this Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Judges and the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. These Official Rules are accessible from the Competition Website throughout the Competition Period. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual suspected of tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Competition; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE COMPETITION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND COSTS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
SPONSOR: Shure Incorporated, 5800 W. Touhy Ave., Niles, IL 60714 (“Sponsor”)